Serial Number Engraving
Serial Number Engraving
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
* All lowers that are to be engraved must be shipped by its OWNER ONLY and will only be shipped to the same person at the proper address. Please make sure your shipping information is your residence and is correct.
* We will NOT engrave Plastic AR Lowers without a metal plate.
* Every shipment must include a copy of the paid invoice with the lower in order to complete the engraving! When sending multiple items please make sure that each item has it's information attached to the part.
* DO NOT USE THE US POSTAL SERVICE FOR SHIPPING FIREARMS! Use only a certified carrier with proper tracking information as we are not responsible for items lost in transit - you are.
Vulture is a Type 07 Manufacturer and has it's own laser on site. This service is for serial number engraving metal AR-15 lowers and Polymer 80 frames to meet the requirement of the new California Assembly Bill 857. By law every you can send us either a 80% lower or finished "100%" lower receiver for engraving. We are a registered manufacturer & FFL and can legally offer this service. As of July 2018, all 80% lowers in California must have a serial number engraved or the possessor will be violation of California law.
We do not report serial numbers or any other customer information to the government you will need to do this.
NOTICE: By engraving a serial number, you are NOT registering your firearm.
This engraving is the same we use to manufacturer our firearms and is set to a depth greater than 0.003 inches as required by ATF's specification for serial number marking and California law. Also to meet ATF serialization requirements you must have the following...
Serial Number: Enter your desired serial number in this box. We recommend using 10 characters or less of text. You can use letters, numbers, or combination of both. The ATF requires serial numbers to be unique for each firearm you serialize. SN: Will be engraved before each serial number.
Manufacturer’s name: Enter the name of the person who will be/did complete the lower. Maximum of 30 characters of text including spaces. We may have to split this on two lines of text.
Manufacturer’s city and state: Enter city and state of residence for the person who will be/did complete the lower. Us only the standard 2 letter state abbreviation. Maximum 30 characters of text including spaces and commas. We may have to split this into two lines of text.
Model Number: ONLY REQUIRED FOR REGISTERING AS ASSAULT WEAPON
Caliber: We will mark your receiver with “Cal: Multi” (Not Required On Pistols)
1) Select the proper number of items to be engraved from the drop down above and select the RETURN SHIPPING charge.
2) Make sure that your Receiver Information Form is filled out correctly and matches your shipping address.
3) Please make sure to include a copy of your receipt for your engraving order in the box with your receiver - if you are sending in multiple receivers please attach individual serial numbers to each. We also RECOMMEND you strip your lower of all parts except bolt catch as we accept NO RESPONSIBILITY for working lowers.
4) You need to include a shipping charge with your order at checkout. This charge covers our cost to ship the lower receiver back to you. DO NOT USE FREE SHIPPING!
Ship Your Parts To:
Vulture Equipment Works / 650 Willowbrook Center Parkway / Unit 205 / Willowbrook, IL 60527 / Attn Engraving
All lowers must be 100% stripped of any parts in order to engrave. There are no exceptions to this rule other than for the bolt catch.
You are responsible to ensure that what you request that we engrave complies with your local, state and federal laws for the purposes for which you are engraving it.
Lead time: Turnaround time is currently 1 week.